I would recommend using Mac or Linux(preferably Fedora). I really have no idea how to set it up on windows and we have already faced a lot of problems doing so. You would be better off setting up a virtual machine and installing these. We will use python3 for this.
Setup on OSX:
- Install Homebrew(http://brew.sh/). In general very useful if you miss a package manager on linux.
- Install the following packages using homebrew:
- Contact me if there are any problems.
Setup on Fedora(Comes pre installed with gtk+3):
- Install python3.
- Install pygobject3 using dnf. Yum in older versions
Setup on Ubuntu:
- sudo apt-get install python3
- sudo apt-get install gtk+3
- sudo apt-get install python3-gobject.